We check our bank accounts, order lunch, and see who’s at our front door all from our smart phone. But did you know you can keep tabs on your KOHLER® standby generator from your phone or tablet? You can!
With the KOHLER OnCue® Plus Generator Management System, you can check the status of your generator, start or stop an exercise, check the oil temperature, contact your dealer, and so much more. Explore all of the capabilities here.
WHAT IS ONCUE PLUS?
The OnCue Plus app, available for download on Android and Apple devices, enables you to remotely monitor your generator’s performance wherever you are. The app is also compatible with Amazon Alexa with the OnCue Plus Skill and Google Home devices with the OnCue Plus Action.
The OnCue Plus app allows you to access everything related to your standby generator in one place. With the app, you can:
- View real-time power status of your home or business
- Manage up to six electrical loads remotely, turning circuits on or off from anywhere
- Receive instant generator updates via text or email
- Schedule generator maintenance appointments with your KOHLER dealer
- Check your oil level and temperature
- Check the engine temperature
- Start or stop an exercise*
- Change your next exercise
*An exercise refers to running your generator even when it is not needed to ensure it is working properly. We recommend exercising your generator weekly.
ONCUE PLUS VOICE COMMANDS
Checking in on your generator has never been easier! Simply use OnCue Plus Skill on Amazon Alexa or OnCue Plus Action on Google to control your generator using just your voice. Both are free.
Once you have downloaded and installed them on your devices, try voice commands like:
- What is the status of my generator?
- What’s the battery voltage?
- What’s the oil temperature?
- When was my last exercise?
- Does my generator have any active alerts?
Integration with Amazon Alexa and Google Home is just one more way Kohler is innovating what it means to have reliable backup power.